Residential Recycling & Refuse of Texas is honored to have you as a new customer. Our main goal is customer service and doing the task right. If we ever fall short of your expectations please give our office a call at (346) 248-5222 and let us know. We will work hard to ensure your satisfaction.
- Residents must provide their own trash container – any size, shape or color is acceptable.
- Trash service days are Mondays and Thursdays.
- Items must be placed curbside by 7:00 am.
- Yard waste, and bulk items will be collected curbside. Limit of 6 bags of yard waste per service day.
- All trash and yard waste should be placed in sturdy plastic bags weighing no more than 40 pounds each.
- All branches and tree trimmings should be no more than 3 inches in diameter and no longer than four (4) feet in length. Bundles must be securely tied and weigh less than (40) forty pounds each.
- Bulk items/heavy trash will be picked up on Thursdays. There is a limit of one item per household per pick up day.
- Excluded items: It is illegal to transport any hazardous waste in a trash truck and dispose of it in a landfill.
- Hazardous waste includes: medical waste, toxic or radioactive waste, any appliance containing Freon, acids, car batteries, dead animals, and chemicals of any kind, car parts, car tires, and construction trash (includes concrete, large quantities of carpeting, fencing, rolls of carpet or any construction type material or debris).
- Other excluded items include: Large pieces of glass (must be broken down in smaller pieces and placed in a closed box and labeled), metal items, improperly contained animal waste (animal waste must be placed in a sealed bag to be serviced).
- Any CFC (Freon) items are no longer acceptable items at the landfills, so we are no longer able to pick up refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners or any other item containing Freon.
- Excluded Liquid Waste- Toxic or radioactive waste, Freon, paint, acids, petroleum products or filters are not accepted, cooking oil, or chemicals of any kind.
- Bulk items which are too large for Contractor to put in with the normal weekly pickup may be collected separately upon request. Party requesting service will be billed separately at a negotiated price depending on size, quantity and handling required to remove and dispose of item(s).
- Holidays observed are: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. If an observed holiday falls on a regularly scheduled service day, there will be no service that day. Service will resume on the next scheduled service day following the holiday.
- RRRTX will provide each home with one 65-gallon open recycling bin. If this container is not large enough, you may use ANY type of container that has a recycling emblem or one of our recycling emblem stickers which you can get upon request from our office (346-248-5222).
- Recycling service will be curbside every Monday.
- Items must be curbside by 7:00 a.m.
- There is no need to sort your recycling items – all items can go into the same recycling container (not the trash container).
- Place recycling on the opposite side of the driveway from trash.
- Only use clear bags or recycling containers. No black or white bags will be accepted for recycling items.
- If you move, please leave the recycling container at teh home.
Again we thank you for the opportunity to service the recycling needs of your community. Thank you for caring for the Texas environment enough to be a part of a recycling program. We realize how busy life can get and greatly appreciate the time and effort you take to recycle. We feel certain our service will be above and beyond your expectations. RRRT strives for excellent customer service and management encourages you to call with questions, comments or concerns. We can be reached at 1-346-248-5222 or email@example.com.
Did you know that throwing away used motor oil and paint into your trash could result in being charged with a felony?
Proper disposal of hazardous waste:
Most auto part stores accept used motor oil, and if you live in Harris County, you can take it to Harris County Household Hazardous Waste Disposal Facility:
(Harris County Residents Only)
Address: 6900 Hahl Road, Houston, TX 77040
Hours: Drop-off is by appointment only
Website: Harris County Household Hazardous Waste Facility https://www.eng.hctx.net/Consultants/Household-Hazardous/Household-Hazardous-Waste
- Aerosols – except for Freon and mace
- Automobile products – such as gas and motor oil
- Batteries – up to car-battery size
- Light bulbs – compact fluorescents and tubes
- Oils – fats and grease
- Fire extinguishers
- Household cleaners
- Chemicals – pool, fertilizers and pesticides
- Propane cylinders
- Tires – up to five per visit
- Thermometers – items containing mercury
There is no fee to drop-off these items. This location only accepts materials from residents of Harris County. For a complete list of accepted materials and updates on hours of operation, visit their website.