Directors Election 2024
Current Officers of the Political Subdivision:
- Garry Matocha
- Sam Heaton
- Loreto “Gio” Giovannangelo
- Joe Bennett
- Efren “Bobby” Moreno
Date of Next Election for Officers of the Political Subdivision:
- May 4th, 2024
Location of Next Election:
- Polling locations will be posted once the district has determined the location.
Requirements for Filing for Candidacy for Director of the District:
- Each candidate must complete an Application for a Place on the General Election Ballot. The application can be obtained from the Election Agent or from the Secretary of State’s website: www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/forms/index.shtml (Form 2-21). The Application must be completely filled out, signed and notarized, and must be timely received in the office of the Election Agent as prescribed by Section 144.005(d), Texas Election Code.
- Candidates can drop off their applications at the main administrative office of Bacon, Wallace & Philbin, L.L.P. located at: 6363 Woodway, Suite 800, Houston, Texas 77057.
- There are no filing fees required to file your applications.
- January 17, 2024 to February 16, 2024
- February 16, 2024 by 5 p.m.
- Please visit the following link to download and print the write-in candidate application form: https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/forms/pol-sub/2-11f.pdf
- Filing deadline for write-in candidates is February 20, 2024.
Office of the Election Agent:
- Election Agent: Bacon, Wallace & Philbin, LLP
- Physical Office: 6363 Woodway, Suite 800, Houston, Texas 77057
- Phone: (713) 739-1060
- Email Address: email@example.com
General Qualifications for Candidates – Board of Directors:
- A director must be at least 18 years old, reside within the State of Texas and either (a) own land subject to taxation inside the district’s boundaries or (b) be a qualified voter in the district. In any event, the director must be registered to vote in the State of Texas and comply with conflict of interest laws, among other requirements.